Listening to *NSYNC and The Moffatts all day in the office brings me back to the 90s – a time when my thoughts include:
1. I’m going to marry a boyband member someday
2. I hope the teacher won’t call me during graded recitation
3. What will I do if I my name is called during graded recitation
4. What to talk about with my friends during recess and lunch
5. Will I get honors this quarter
6. What time will my college crush pass by the corridor
7. Will my favorite boyband visit the Philippines
8. What will I do first when I get home: eat, sleep, watch TV or homework?
These are just some of the thoughts I can remember. Looking at the list – it’s definitely very elementary and high school! 😛 But, how I miss those days – when you worry about the simplest of things, when you give problems a shrug and that’s it.
A decade later – here I am – worrying about:
4. long-term goals and happiness
I miss being young. I miss gushing over pop idols and collecting their posters. I miss looking forward to recess and lunch – even doing homework!
But life is not like that. You can’t stay in one phase forever – we grow up, we think about more mature things, we move on to the next chapter.
Though my priorities have changed now, I still plan to keep in touch with my young and carefree self. I can still listen to my favorite songs back then and reminisce. Be happy just thinking about yesteryear.
I will forever be an NSYNC fan and a Moffatts fan ❤